Terms and conditions
- General Information
- Payments and Refunds
- Tour Provider Conditions
- Modifications and errors
- Other general terms
- The Norwegian Travel Guarantee Fund
- Customer reviews
- Questions and complaints
Please read the following terms and conditions before making a reservation. It is important to both parties that you understand this agreement in relation to your use of Book Central Norway AS (Ltd.).
Please note that reservations which include more than one product will be governed by Norwegian package tour legislation. Should any discrepancies occur between our conditions and the said package tour legislation, then the legislation will take priority.
All travel products available at Book Central Norway are compliant with Norwegian legislation and regulations. Demands made beyond the said legislation and regulations may be forwarded by Book Central Norway as an enquiry, but cannot be considered to be part of the contract unless accepted by the supplier.
Book Central Norway acts as distributor for travel and tourism-related suppliers. By travel and tourism-related suppliers we mean: Destination management companies, hotel chains, activity providers, tour operators, accommodation organizers, transport companies and more.
By the term ”booking”, we mean the purchase of any product or service made on any of our web sites, or at your local destination when it is part of Book Central Norway’s network.
Bookings are binding when Book Central Norway has sent a written confirmation with an order number to an email address submitted by the customer.
Read the confirmation you receive from Book Central Norway carefully. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that the order is correct. The confirmation is our contract, and it is important that you, the customer, make sure that it is in accordance with your order. Any comments must be made immediately. Payment confirms acceptance of these conditions.
Book Central Norway advises customers to print out the confirmation and take it with them on their trip.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation with Book Central Norway.
Some product owners/suppliers/partners may impose a higher age limit, in which case they will provide notification of this when you order.
You have to prepay the products that we sell with a card payment (Visa, Mastercard, etc) unless otherwise stated. Your card will be charged after you have entered the necessary information. Refunds take 2-4 business days before it reaches your card after our approval. Refunds have to be sent back to the card that was originally debited.
The following applies to all products or services booked with Book Central Norway:
When booking accommodation, general cancellation rules apply for all suppliers (see below). When it comes to other categories, the suppliers’ own terms will apply in addition to Book Central Norway’s specific conditions as laid down in this document. These terms also apply to package tours, and it is your responsibility to read them. Such terms and conditions will be given in the travel documents.
You are responsible for complying with any supplier-specific conditions in relation to check-in times, reconfirmation of flights, or other matters.
General conditions: Prices stated are per room/per day or per unit (cabin, etc.)/per period and include VAT.
Our accommodation providers have guaranteed that Book Central Norway will have access to their best available rates, i.e. the best rates offered by the accommodation company on electronic distribution channels on any given day, and on the same terms.
No refunds are given for cancellations made directly to product owners/providers.
Trondhjems Turistforening (TT )’s serviced cabins in the mountains:
– Cancellation can be done:
- Up to 10 days prior to arrival: Full refund, service fee added.
- 9-5 days prior to arrival: 50% refund, service fee added.
- Less than 5 days prior to arrival: no refund.
Cancellation can be done in the following ways: self-service with username / password sent on confirmation, by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone 400 20 007 on weekdays 09.00-15.00. The cancellation is valid only after it has been confirmed. Service fees apply.
Hotels, Hostels, B&B, Camping, Guesthouses, Marinas:
For full refund: Cancellations must be sent at the latest the day before arrival to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +47 400 20 007, Monday-Friday between 9 am and 3 pm. Cancellation of bookings for Saturdays or Sundays must be made no later than 3 pm on the Friday before. Cancellation of bookings for Norwegian bank holidays must be made no later than 3 pm on the business day before. Cancellations are only valid when confirmed. Subject to service fee.
Cabins, Mountain Farms, Apartments, Holiday Homes, Fisherman’s Cabins (rorbu), Seaside Buildings (sjøhus):
- Up to 30 days prior to arrival: Full refund
- Less than 30 days prior to arrival: No refund
The “Rørosmartnan” event:
Cancellation must be done by email to email@example.com:
- Up to 80 days prior to arrival: Full refund. Service fee as described.
- Less than 80 days prior to arrival: No refund.
Some of our subsuppliers/product owners/partners employ additional cancellation terms together with ours. In such cases you will be informed of any additional rules when you book.
Damages: The tenant must treat rented objects in a responsible manner. The tenant must leave the rented object in the same condition as when he/she arrived, after fair wear and tear is taken into account. The tenant is responsible to the owner/letter for any damage to the rented object or its furnishings and movables that may occur during his/her stay, as a result of actions carried out by the tenant or persons whom the tenant or his/her party have allowed access to the rented object during the rental period. Any damage to the rented object or its furnishings and movables occurring during your stay, should be reported to Book Central Norway immediately.
Cancellation of individual activities (not packages)
- Up to 15 days prior to arrival: Full refund
- Less than 15 days prior to arrival: No refund
- Cancellation of tickets for admission to events will not be refunded.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- Admission to attractions/sightseeing will not be refunded.
Cancellation of a package is not possible unless otherwise stated.
Any amendments made to your booking are treated as cancellations and subsequent new bookings – please refer to Cancellation of your Booking.
Service fees/charges for cancellations/amendments:
- For changes made online: NOK 200
- For changes made through email/telephone/at a tourist information office: NOK 250
- For changes relating to the “Rørosmartnan” event: changes must be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Free change of name.
- Our suppliers may have their own specific cancellation rules.
Circumstances over which we or our product owners (suppliers/partners) have no control, e.g. weather conditions, breakdowns, labour disputes and the equivalent (force majeur) may result in cancellation/amendment.
Should such cancellation/significant amendment occur, the organizers will provide the customer with immediate notification. If the customer cannot accept any suggested alternatives on the spot, he/she will be given a full refund after Book Central Norway AS (Ltd.) has been notified by the product owner/supplier/partner.
We recommend all our customers to make sure they have satisfactory insurance arrangements prior to their trip.
- Ensure that the necessary documents/confirmations are sent in writing to your given email address
- Ensure that you receive information of any changes made to your booking
- Ensure that our product owners/suppliers/partners are paid for what you have purchased
- Accountability for supplying the product you have purchased in accordance with its description
- Compliance with applicable legislation and regulations
- Checking proof of identity / passports where necessary, and the rejection of any travellers lacking the proper documentation
- Make yourself familiar with our terms of cancellation or those of our product owners/suppliers/partners
- Accept financial responsibility for all transactions made in your name
- You must be over 18 years of age and have the capacity to effect legal transactions and incur liability
- You warrant that all information about you and your party is true and accurate
- Book Central Norway must not be used to make speculative, false or fraudulent bookings
- Obtain information about rendezvous times
- Make sure that tickets and confirmations are in accordance with your booking as soon as confirmation is received
- Bring valid identification/passport or visa
- Observe the regulations given by product owners/suppliers/partners
- Do not inconvenience other travellers/participants
- Do not damage the product owner’s/supplier’s/partner’s property – you may be liable to pay compensation
It is considered a shortcoming when what you receive deviates from what you have booked and had confirmed. It is also a shortcoming when you are given insufficient or negligent information about conditions which would normally be of importance to the product you have booked.
The following circumstances are not considered shortcomings:
- minor delays when travelling
- deviations from normal weather, temperatures or other climatic conditions
- circumstances resulting from the travellers own negligence
Even though we have done what we can to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors may occur. When such occurrences are brought to our attention, we will do our utmost to ensure that you are notified within 3 working days after your reservation has been made. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and refund the cost, needless to say without any liability befalling the customer. In cases where the supplier cancels or makes changes to your reservation, we will do everything in our power to notify you as soon as possible. Should the supplier be unable to fulfil your booking, you will have the option of accepting an alternative offer or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund. In cases where the supplier is unable to provide an alternative within three working days, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and provide you with a full refund, without any other form of compensation.
Our web site may be subject to modifications and errors without notice. The information provided may be subject to changes that have occurred after it was published. We can accept no responsibility for any clerical errors.
Book Central Norway can accept no responsibility for accidents or damages (deaths and or other personal injuries) resulting in the discontinuation of all or part of a trip, provided that the damage was caused by no fault of ours or our suppliers.
Book Central Norway can accept no responsibility for indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind in cases where products or services ordered via Book Central Norway’s reservation service are not protected by Norwegian law.
Book Central Norway takes responsibility for all trips covered by the Norwegian Package Tour Act. For products and services not subject to this legislation, Book Central Norway only accepts liability for errors associated with our own reservation service. All other claims must be settled by the travel services provider and the customer. For further information, please refer to www.reisegarantifondet.no or contact The Norwegian Travel Guarantee Fund at the following address:
PB 227 Sentrum,
Tel. 51 85 99 40
Our privacy guidelines are based on current Norwegian legislation regarding consumer protection and privacy.
Book Central Norway will offer our customers an online service allowing you to publish reviews (guest assessments) of your trips. We are at liberty to display reviews, comments and other material submitted by customers after they have finished using products and services purchased via Book Central Norway. You waive any rights of ownership you may have to such customer reviews, and such reviews may be freely used, copied, distributed and made available in any media, also in some cases by Book Central Norway or our associates, without your permission.
Specifically with the help of Book Central Norway’s customer review service, you guarantee that:
- You have all rights to any user reviews you publish
- Any reviews published were correct on their date of registration
- You will not consciously or inadvertently publish information that may harm or cause offence to private individuals
- You will not publish comments, information or other material which are untrue, malevolent, offensive or which may be interpreted as such
- You will not in any way trick, mislead or encourage anyone into fraudulent and/or illegal activities
Book Central Norway does not edit reviews, if they are to be published they must therefore be in accordance with our guidelines. We will, to such an extent as the law allows, in no way be liable for such reviews, their use or distribution. The decision to publish your review and your assessment/comments is made at your own risk.
Book Central Norway reserves the right to reject contributions or remove (without warning) reviews at its own discretion. Amongst other things, this includes situations where Book Central Norway receives complaints from a third party and/or has reason to believe that our terms and conditions have not been adhered to. Should you wish to complain about any reviews, comments or other material on our web site, you should do so in writing (submit as much information as possible about the circumstances) to: email@example.com
Should you have any other enquiries or complaints in conjunction with your booking prior to your departure, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any complaints with regard to a product owner/supplier/partner while on your trip, be sure to lodge your complaint immediately and officially with the relevant product owner/supplier/partner and make sure you receive a written confirmation before departing/checking-out.
If you have any other questions or complaints in conjunction with your booking or the actual product itself, you may contact us on your return home, no later than 30 days after the event took place. State your booking reference and/or forward all relevant information in writing.
Book Central Norway AS (Ltd.)
O. Skasliens vei 10
For anything concerning the «Rørosmartnan» event, please contact:
Peder Hiortgt. 2
Tel. (+47) 72 41 00 00
Last updated: 2020-06-03